Subject: Re: [Leica] Personal challenges (long)
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:32:51 -0400

Pascal wrote:

> >Some additional questionsto help focus on the issue: does a picture made
> >with a Hexar RF count as a Leica picture. And a picture taken with a Hexar
> >and a Leica lens on it, or taken with a Leica M and a Konica lens or a
> >Voigtlander lens attached to the M? Are these questions just semantic
> >juggling or is there some value added to a picture when taken with a Leica
> >camera and lens, both R and M.
>
> Hi Erwin,
>
> with all due respect, I believe this is stretching it a bit too far...
>
> apart from any optical difference (if at all visible under given
> circumstances), it's the pleasure of using high-quality precision tools
> (and the Leica "feel") that's important for most Leica users I'd bet.
> ;-)
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE
That and familarity.  I have been using the damn things since the fifties and
it is a pleasure to pick up a camera I no longer have to think about how to
use.  THe fact that they are so well made and have such generally fine optics
is a wounderful achievemebt but I love my Leicas because I know them and they
fit me and my photography well.
John Shick