Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] digital experience(very long)
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 08:42:18 -0800

The real cheap stuff disappeared, and the prices went way up on the better
stuff since sales volume is so low.  Vinyl albums of current artists can be
obtained from importers of pressings from Japan and Europe, at high prices.
Super 8 even still has a nitch with the film student market.  Even if dgital
takes over, 35mm will be around for a long time to come, even if only as an
art media for we eccentrics.

Tom

> Vinyl is making a comeback, at least emong enthusiasts, and high-end
> turntables have never been more popular.  The low end crap has
disappeared,
> but that's never a bad thing.
>
> I expect silver-based to be somewhat similar.  For the mass-media and
> proles digital will be "good enough" because it's quick and has certain
> virtues.  But emthusiasts will demand silver-based for quite a while to
> come.  I'm not planning on selling my Leicas or any other "old fashioned"
> cameras and I will continue to maintain and expand on my darkroom
proficiency.

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: Vs: [Leica] digital experience(very long))
Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: Vs: [Leica] digital experience(very long))
Message from "Dave Richards" <dprichards@qwest.net> (Re: Vs: [Leica] digital experience(very long))