Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Beware! Leica USA's deceptive practice. Part I
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:39:42 -0800

I know how you feel.  I got screwed out of a $50 Nikon rebate on a 20mm AF
lens.  The rebate program was repeatedly extended from month to month for
nearly a year.  The dealer gave me the form from the prior rebate period,
which had been extended.  I had no way of knowing that there was a new form
that I needed for the extended period.  Even though the rebate was in effect
when I bought the lens, and I boght the lens from an legitimate dealer,
Nikon rejected it because the rebate form which the dealer gave me said the
rebate had expired.  Nikon kept the original paperwork, and by the time I
got the notice back from Nikon, the time to submit the rebate had run.  The
dealer went out of business, so I had no resort through them.  To this day,
I take great pleasure in attending "Nikon Days" at local dealers, so that I
can tell the Nikon Rep., in front of prospective purchasers, of my
experience.

As to your problem, you need to look carefully how the rebate form and
advertisement was worded to see if it covered only current catalog lenses or
whether it excluded new old stock.  Either way, if the dealer represneted it
was eligible for the rebate, and Leica USA denies, the dealer should refund.

Tom