Subject: Re: [Leica] Personal challenges thought
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 23:00:45 -0500

Robert-
Well, at last! I don't feel like a schmuck having an opinion about a
photographer! I started out loving the Rollei that I got to use doing photos
for my high school paper 35 odd years ago, and Avedon was, well a celebrity,
in his way! I seem to recall his low angled shots of svelte models in very
smooth looking outfits, and back then, he, Ernst Haas, Phillipe Halsman, and
Josef Karsch were sort of 'heroes' to a kid who had just found out about the
magic.
It ain't the wand, it's the wizard... It ain't the boat, but the motion of
the ocean- I could go on, but to keep the flame factor down, I won't!
Thanks!

Dan ( The only problem I've had with my Leica, is the loose nut behind the
viewfinder....)Post