Subject: Re: [Leica] Personal challenges thought
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 20:49:54 -0500

 Dan Post wrote in part:

...The same with the Leica- if Avedon- and I have seen and admired
a lot of his work- uses or used a Leica, I think that it would have been a
matter of his own style and talent that determined the 'look'...

Dan,

Avedon usually used a Rolleiflex earlier in his career and later the 8X10 view camera. When shooting covers for Vogue he said he could get the shot he wanted with one sheet of film, but shot two extras to make the magazine happy. A friend of mine who used to work with Avedon as a makeup artist from time to time told me that on occasion he did use a Leica.

I would like to think that a distinctive personal vision has more of an influence on the look of a photographer's work than the choice of camera. It's a matter of choosing the most appropriate tool to capture that vision.

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Personal challenges thought)