Subject: Re: [Leica] film is dieing..... according to Kodak at least
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:04:13 -0800

> Kodak, from what I have gathered over the years, is
> strapped with high overhead costs, unions, etc. Tough
> to remain competitive with the proverbial albatross
> around your neck, I suppose.

Kodak, as any other behemoth corporation has lost control of fiscal
accountability.
A school mate of mine who worked for Kodak wanted to buy the company vehicle
he was using and which, according to company policy, had outlived its
usefulness. He had the vehicle refurbished, bought new tires for it, all at
Kodak's expense, and then sold it - to himself - at a surplus,
obsolete-equipment price.
while this is not proof of Kodak's impending demise, it does point to lax
practices that typically can wound a company enough to affect the bottom
line.

Joe Codispoti

Replies: Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] film is dieing..... according to Kodak at least)