Subject: Re: Marmite (was RE: [Leica] Pre)
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:55:44 -0500

Yo! Adrian!
It seems funny that the unusual, and exotic will drive people to buy and try
various 'delicacies'!
Just as the Chinese might buy and sell Marmite to those wanting an exotic
taste, so too, the demand of Suan La Tong and Potstickers became a favorite
once real Chinese cuisine started to be offered instead of 'Chop Suey' and
other ersatz dishes!
I am sure it is why we Americans find such a  demand for greasy McDonalds
Cheesburgers all over the world, and Coke can sell its flavored sugar water
in just about every country a Coke delivery truck can go- and them some!
I have often wondered what 'Vegemite' might taste like, and now 'Marmite'
and I am sure that American Peanut Butter may yet make inroads into the
diets of the world!!
Gosh- I might even get to try "A Lovely toad in the 'ole" sometime!

Dan (I will try it where I can/ no matter where I am/ I will try it on some
toast/ but I like it spread on chips the most / I will eat it all but Spam/
I will not eat that, Dan,  I am!) Post