Subject: [Leica] Problems with Leica M6 0.85 rangefinder
From: "Veli-Martti Koivunen" <vmkoivun@sci.fi>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:08:17 +0200

Dear sirīs,

Could you be so kind and try to give some adwise to my proplems.

AT FIRST :  I got your address like this:

""""""Dear Mr. Koivunen,

Thank you for your e-mail and sorry that you do have problems with your
Leica camera. If you would be in Frankfurt we could be of help to you.

Due to the problem in detail, I would recomand to contact the Leica User
Club of which we do know Mr. Pascal Heyman.
You could contact them by e-mail at  :    LUG,
leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us and tell the problems. They should
be able to help. Let me know after how you did. Thank you.

Best regards,

J. Uhl Foto Hobby Rahn GmbH, Frankfurt/MAin, Germany""""""""""""

"""""""My letter to mr. Uhl was like this:

My camera was in Germany for testing and as far as I understand they says that my Leica is OK. See list attachment.

I am not quite sure that they really understood what was my broblem, the fault can not see in the test bench.

What is the broblem then?   Well I dontīt  believe that 0,85 rangefinder is so bad that I canīt  focus my camera at all in several shooting

situations.  For example in fhe bright sunlight it can make focus retangle so white that I cant take pictures. (Back light I presume.)  Secondly

in low light situations it is very hard to get focusing area to so clear that I can press the trigger. (Back or side light).

I have compeared those situations whit my M2 and I have no such difficulties.  I dont  use glasses.

I have bought Noctilux and as you can imagine I dont like this situation at all.

I would be very helpful to me to compare with some others  0.85 but it is here allmost impossibile to find same kind of.  I dont know any.

Have you any idea to solve my broblem.  Can you ask some 0.85 users that have they such a broblems.   I donīt want to believe that

0.85īs by nature is like that, but if you find out that it acts like that tell me so please.

I am so sorry to write things like that but this is very important to me."""""""""""""""

So if you have please some knowledge about my matter I would be ready to hear or discuss about it more.

Thank you very much and best regards Veli-Martti Koivunen, TV-cameraman, Finland, Europe