Subject: [Leica] RE: [Leica] Ansel Adams/John Wimberley WA S Mapplethorpe, highquailty porn
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:27:02 -0000

Caponigro,
now there's a mystical landscapist...
Jem

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Johnny Deadman [SMTP:john@pinkheadedbug.com]

No, nothing wrong with grandiose at all. I love that operatic stuff. I just
don't think he was a great artist. I think he was John Singer Sergeant, not
Turner. Wordsworth not Coleridge (that was Weston).

This all reflects a personal taste... the landscape photography that moves
me is somewhat mystical. Your image of laterelle falls, Mark, that has an
edge of the sublime that I don't get in AA. There, can I be forgiven?

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com