Subject: [Leica] =?UTF-8?Q?Ok,=20what's=20the=20secret=E2=80=A6?=
From: Voigtgroup@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:47:00 EST

Recently, I resurrected my IIIf from the back of my camera shelf. Can't seem
to load a roll of film into it without the film jamming and/or tearing. I ran
tons of film through it many years ago. As I remember it, sometimes I would
trim the tab down per the little picture on the base plate, sometimes not. It
didn't seem to make a difference. Even loaded my home-rolled cassettes
without a problem. Is today's film base thinner? Is there a loading trick
I've forgotten?

Also discovered that my favorite leather strap on it has dried out. Any
suggestions for a replacement?

Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Many Thanks!

Replies: Reply from "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Ok, what's the secret…)
Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> ([Leica] ltm film trimming [was: what's the secret])
Reply from khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Ok, what's the secret…)