Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Alsace (mostly OT)
From: Mikiro <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:42:08 +0100

Steve-
I am not an Alsatian but have lived in Alsace for several years. So I may
be entitled to be of some help to you. "Christmas Market" is definitely a
thing to see in Strasbourg and Kaysersberg (south of Strasbourg, near
Colmar, which is also an attractive town). It is more or less touristic but
nontheless enjoyable to visitors. Another town to visit is Riquevihr, a
lovable medieval town famous for wine.  I am sure you will find yoursel in
wonderland. Bring lots of film and fast lenses to capture night scenes with
romantic illumunation.

Never miss fois gras d'Alsace with Gewurztraminer (vendange tardive is my
preference). Try to avoid restaurants in "centre ville" for tourists if you
know several French words.

If you are interested in more info, contact me privately.

Salut,

Mikiro
Strasbourg

At 6:35 PM -0500 28/11/00, Stephen Alred wrote:
>All,
>
>All,
>
>I'll be spending Christmas week in a small village in Alsace, courtesy of a
>French-born colleague.  The village is a bit north of Strasbourg, but we'll
>have access to a car, etc.  Any travel tips for that time of year?
>Gastronomic recommendations?
>
>Minimal Leica content:
>
>I'll be carrying:
>
>M6 (0.85) + 35mm Summicron + 90mm T-E	--> Supra 400
>IIIf BD + 50mm Summicron (collapsible)	--> Tri-X
>in my "M Classics" bag
>

>Merci'
>
>Steve Alred

- --