Subject: Re: [Leica] III F versus Nul Leica
From: Mikiro <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:39:00 +0100

on 22/11/00 6:11 PM, V8PWR@aol.com wrote:

> What the should have crafted is a series of Leica III F . This one ,
> I'd have already placed an order for it .

Jo-
Leica first had a request from Japan to make Ur Leica.  They thought they
should make a camera to take real pictures with, and Ur Leica required a
change of its form to be used with currernt films.  IIIf was the next
candidate, but they finally chose "0 Leica" because a large number of IIIf
are still on the market.  Mr. Daniel of Leica AG said, "You may experience a
lot of failures, but in the course of using it this camera will be a perfect
one for you with a lot of satisfaction. It is something like learning how to
play the violin..."   (summarised from an interview on the Nov issue of
Asahi Camera)

I myself played with this camera at Photokina.  It is made better than I had
expected, and I cannot say that it is overpriced as a reproduction model....
Well, from a practical point of view,  it is another story.... ;-)

A+,

Mikiro