Subject: [Leica] Re: Country of Origin
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:32:59 -0700

On 28 Nov 2000, LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> In the past few years, more production has been shifted back to
> Portugal from Solms.  R8 production has been shifted there
> entirely.

<snip>

It would be useful, Bill if you set forth the rules by which the
beast can be stamped "Made in Germany". My new, late s/n, R8
is so stamped, so enough of the assembly was done in Solms to
qualify for that stamping, seemingly at odds with your word
"entirely" above.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica