Subject: [Leica] C 41 or conventional B & W film?
From: "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 21:12:13 +1100

This question has little to do with Leica. I hope it is not too
inappropriate for this list. I use a Leica IIIa and a 50mm Summar. It's a
wonderful camera and lens. My photography is centred on family and travel. I
would shoot only say 40- 50 rolls of film a year. I love blalk and white and
am tossing up whether to plunge into setting up a darkroom. The cost of
laboratory printed black and white is exorbitant here in Australia and the
results( in my vew) are average.

Given the amount of shooting I do is it worth setting up a darkroom or are
the C41 films, TCN and XP2, the better way to go. How do these films
iffer( apart from archival qualities)from their more conventional
counterparts in respect of the final printed image ?

Why is it that your Tri-X and HP5, appear to be favoured as against Plus X
or FP4 ?

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

King Regards,

Tony Salce

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] C 41 or conventional B & W film?)