Subject: Re: OT: Re: [Leica] What's wrong at Leitz NJ
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:26:15 -0500

Quite so Leitz is now loosing its last
monopoly, the high bucks RF market.
Unless they can escape into another universe they
have only one option for survival: Take all of their existing R lenses and

put them on different mounts, possibly developing a Tamron-like
interchangeable mount system. Unfortunately, common sense will
probably not prevail and they will go into a buyout or receivership
without ever having explored this low cost option.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a 19 Elmarit on my old RTS
or even on my older screw mount D! Think about that!
Javier