Subject: Re: Vulcanite: [Leica] Friday FS: Nickel + Dime
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 23:13:02 -0500

Howdy
When the adhesive dries out the edges
start cracking off with use. As long as the adhesive is sticking ok
nothing will crack or chip off unless the camera is knocked very hard.against a
sharp edge.
My IIIa was developing severe de-gluing problems so I poured lots of thinned out
contact cement
until I saw it draining from the other side of the Vulcanite. Then I squeezed
the thing together until the cement dried
That should last another 30 years. Consequentially my 1936 IIIa, The toughest
and most solid Leica ever made,
has never gotten skinned alive!
Javier