Subject: Re: [Leica] Aperture Ring of the 135/4 Tele-Elmar
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:33:32 EST

<< Hello,

  One of my 135/4 Tele-Elmar (E46) has its aperture ring misaligned.  The f
 stop numbers do not align with the index mark.  I wonder if it can be easily
 rotated without sending it to DAG.  I can use it as is but find it annoying
 because I cannot tell what f stop I set.

 Happy Thanksgiving,
 David Lee

Hello David . The last thing on earth that you should disassemble yourself is
a Leica lens .
I've had a 35 Sum pre-asph who's front ring had unscrewed after a long trip
on the floor of a twin turboprop engined aircraft ( an Embrear Xingu ) . It
took me about 2 complete days to achieve the reassembly .
The real hard point was to relocated each diaph blade , one by one . Despite
the advise of John Collier to avoid a small magnet , this was the only way to
do .
After all , the lens had to go for a CLA .
Jo GOODTIMES , France