Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lugers, Leicas, and a Walther
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:33:33 EST

<< Maybe there is an old U-Boat filled with "Lugers"? If they were packed in
 cosmoline they would be worth more than Leicas. My Dad was in WWII in France
 in '44. He came home with a Walther PPK 7.62 he got from a GI who traded him
 for the Leica Dad won in a poker game. He said all the Lugers were trading
 too high on the black market. Dad was a Army Air  Corps dentist. Actually,
 for a few hours a "dentist with a Leica".

 In 1989 I went into a small  camera shop in Munich looking for an "older
 Leica". The shop owner told me he had none because "the GIs got them all".

 Bill Lawlor

Hello Bill . We , as French , should never forget the help from these young
American poeple during the war .
I have been  working in the French air Force myself since 1978 . Now I'm
working with Americans and Nato .
During the Gulf war , I met one guy from the US Army at the Irak border with
an M6 .
Meeting poeple with the same interest of you at the other side of the planet
in such circumstances is quite a good moment .
Chears
Jo GOODTIMES , France