Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Thieves
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2000 14:12:08 -0800

On Fri, 17 November 2000, "Paul Arnold" wrote:

> Mark --
>
> Hey, feller, I'm not recommending taping the red dot -- just that if one
> chooses to tape, then the taping should be done worldwide.
>
> And actually what caught my eye in the original post was that it seemed a
> bit jingoistic to assert that there is more crime "abroad" than at home,
> wherever Home may be.
>
> -- Paul

That's not how I read it.  At home I'm aware of the high-crime areas and can avoid them.  Elsewhere I'm not familiar with the area, I don't know the theives' MO, and I don't know what the areas or situations are that put myself or my equipment at greater risk.  Thus greater caution abroad, wherever "home" or "abroad" happen to be.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento