Subject: Re: [Leica] UV filter for Noctilux-measurable light loss??
From: Nicholas Poole <nick.botton@camphill.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 00 12:05:05 +0000

>It never occurred to me that it would but come to mention it in very low
>light
>levels I could see how i COULD have an effect.
>
>On a bright day if the UV filter takes out 1 unit of light out of a few
>hundred
>units the effect is negligible.
>In a coal mine at midnight with one candle off in another part of the cave
>you
>have only 5 units of light to work with.
>You don't want to loose one.
>Could that be true? Seems like it would be.
>mark rabiner
>:)
>http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

Apologies, Mark!
I had not read your post, only the snip in Tina's. My comments related to
the coal mine bit and did you a disservice. You're absolutely right of
course, since the *proportion* cut by the filter is vastly different in
these two situations. Sorry.
Nick

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] UV filter for Noctilux-measurable light loss??)