Subject: Re: [Leica] the 35mm Summilux ASPH trumps all
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:02:56 GMT

You're right on about the high speed film fetish.  I guess there are times
for everything, but in 20+ years of available light photography I have never
needed film faster than 400asa.  It's frankly amazing to me that a
photographer who would dump so much into Leica lenses would even accept the
results of a 3200 speed film.

This brings up the Noctilux mentioned below.  For the very reason that one
would not accept the results of super speed film, you WOULD want a Noctilux.
  A Noctilux at f1.0 on Tri-X is a Summicron on Tmax3200 (which is really a
1600 asa film)

I'll take the Noct, the better film, and the easier processing and printing
any day.

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI