Subject: Re: [Leica] Zeiss! No -- Leica; No, Zeiss; No -- Bush! No... Gore...
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:20:52 GMT

While I agree that the G 28mm is a great lens, the 45 is highly over rated.
While it IS sharp, even at full aperture, the out of focus areas take on the
same "donuts in the air" look that we saw recently in a shot taken with the
new Cosina LTM 35.  I have found the rendition of out of focus highlights to
be AWFUL and all my Zeiss 50 and 45 planars.  Lots of pentagons floating in
space, all of them sharply defined and quite noticeable.  My Summicron R
renders these same highlights as fuzzy blobs, with only a token resemblance
to the shape of the lens iris.

As for the Biogon...It is wonderful.  It is, for me, the best reason to buy
a G contax.  (maybe the only reason)

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI