Subject: RE: [Leica] Whoops, wrong URL
From: "Peter Shier" <pshier@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:42:01 -0500

I agree that the F2 is the best.

The facial definition is too soft in the 1.4 and way too much in the 5.6.
The 2.8 gets 2nd place in this category but it starts to be just a tad too
clear.

I also agree that the back of the head looks best in the F2.

The bokeh is more pleasing in the F2 than in the 1.4 as it is has a bit more
definition. In the 1.4 it looks like total mush. In the 2.8 and 5.6 it has
too much definition. This reminds me of why I really like the 35 Summicron
2.0 pre-ASPH - because it has that perfect bokeh.

Thanks for posting this.

Peter