Subject: RE: [Leica] Kid candids
From: "Peter Shier" <pshier@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:25:01 -0500

Sorry to be a party pooper here but I must confess that when I want to shoot
kids in action I use the F5 with an AF-S zoom. It can focus faster than I
can think and it can track a moving subject. Trying to catch that kind of
perpetual motion with a manual focus camera is too difficult for me. If you
are very fast with the focus and can use a higher speed film at F8 or F11
then it can work but I probably need a lot more practice. When I do use the
M6 in those situations I try to catch the one kid who has paused for a
moment or kids who are playing in one spot (e.g. jumping rope, standing in
sprinkler spray).

I do use the M6 a lot when they are quiet - i.e. eating, watching TV,
reading, etc.

Peter