Subject: Re: [Leica] Info about Ilford Delta 3200
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 14:33:43 -0800

Giorgio Ferrari wrote:

> Gentlemen,
> I've a question for you. Recently I've had the opportunity to use the Ilford
> Delta 3200 film. I've tried it for normal exposure index (3200 ISO) and I've
> developed it both in Ilford DD-X and Kodak Xtol.
> The results are bad: the films appears like underexposed, with black areas
> (high lights) with low density and white areas (low lights) with low
> transparency.
> Are the developing times, reported onto the developers charts, wrong? (I can
> exclude developing errors or fixing errors).
> Have you experience with this film? Can you help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Giorgio Ferrari
> "fergio@galactica.it"

I think it's 1200.
I'm surprised at Ilford for doing a thing like that.
Neopan to me is a true 1600 film and cheap but not tab grained.
T Max (P)3200 is also a 1600 film P. stands for push and it's a little cheaper
than the Delta.
But for all it's big bucks i hate to see it come in at 1200 for me. Just could'g
get enough shadow density with Xtol at 1600.
But i use it at 1200 in 120 in my Rolleiflex! F16 and be there!
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] 35mm Nutcracker slightly OT)