Subject: [Leica] Noctilux M f1
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:24:16 +0100

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:33:13 +0800
From: "Terry Sham" <tsham@netvigator.com>
Subject: [Leica] Noctilux-M 50mm f/1
Is Noctilux-M 50mm f/1 the best Leica standard lens for M-series? I love the
angle of view of the standard lens very much. Many people said the optical
quality of Summicron-M 50mm f/2 is the best. Should I buy the Noctilux-M
50mm f/1 only as my standard lens or both Noctilux-M 50mm f/1 and
Summicron-M 50mm f/2?

Thanks for your advice

Terry Sham
<<<<<

You should probably get both and decide which one you like best in
practice, since they're at opposite ends of the scale in just about
everything - weight, viewfinder occlusion, feel,, etc.
I just wish I had your choice! :)
I'd love to have a Noctilux and when I do I'll probably junk the 50/2 -
which I don't even have yet!
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36