Subject: [Leica] Rob's mods
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:24:21 +0100

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 08:12:57 -0500
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Subject: [Leica] Rob Appleby's modifications
Luggers,
    Instead of modifying the battery cover on your M6, you could purchase a
replacement which is slotted to accept a coin to loose it. It doesn't have
the leatherette, but it is more functional. Also, a battery cover from an
R3/4/5 will work.
    They are available from Leica Parts.
  Happy Snaps,
Sal
<<<<
Sal
I wish I'd known that because I actually asked at my camera shop whether
such a thing existed and was told no. Which is why I got the new covers
made. I also asked about the r4 battery cover. The shop guy wouldn't let me
mount a cover to my M6 to see whether it would fit.
Well, the new covers also work, and possibly don't even cost that much more
than the genuine article.
Next you'll tell me that there's a very cheap dial raiser affair from Leica
also!
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36