Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:02:19 -0500

Uh, Mark.  I don't think that Craig's selling this Leica; I think that he's
calling our attention to a "near mint" M2 with dents, a sluggish curtain,
and a fogged lens--which is to say, hardly "mint" at all.  In other words,
it's yet another amusing example of eBay speak.

Lighten up.

CHandos

At 05:23 PM 11/10/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>craig egerer wrote:
> >
> > Just thought some might enjoy this ebay ad , (MINT condition except for
> > two dents!!!!) I am glad to see it does not say  they are LHSA
> > members....
> > Description is below....................
> ><Snip>
>
>Craig! we've never heard of you I'm sure you are a nice guy but here's the
>scoop
>on that stuff:
>
>"Please do not use the LUG to publicize activities at public commerce
>sites such
>as eBay. We all know how to look there if we are interested, and if we are not
>interested, we don't want to read about it here. If you are a shopkeeper or a
>manufacturer and you believe that your wares are of value to the LUG members,
>you may from time to time remind us of the existence of your business.
>Brian Reid"
>
>who is the list administrator
>
>mark rabiner

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown