Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260
From: "Tony Woo" <tonywoo@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:18:38 +0800

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Rabiner" <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 9:23 AM

[snip]
> Craig! we've never heard of you I'm sure you are a nice guy but here's the
scoop
> on that stuff:
>
> "Please do not use the LUG to publicize activities at public commerce sites
such
> as eBay. We all know how to look there if we are interested, and if we are
not
> interested, we don't want to read about it here. If you are a shopkeeper or a
> manufacturer and you believe that your wares are of value to the LUG members,
> you may from time to time remind us of the existence of your business.
> Brian Reid"
>
> who is the list administrator
>
> mark rabiner

Mr. Rabiner,

I am sure your are a nice guy, a gentleman and a scholar.  Please educate me on
what is the difference between eBay and the various websites that do get
mentioned all the time on LUG, that peddle all sorts of photo equipment
(including Leica's own website), books, professional photog's or camera repair
services, etc.
Are they not "public commerce sites" ?

I do not understand why you pick on eBay exclusively to attack, everytime the
word is mentioned, regardless of message content.

The Brian Reid rule as you have stated above, if you study it carefully,
contradicts itself  !!

We could if you like, discuss more on this subject over some scotch, at the
Hong Kong LUG meeting on the 18th.

Respectfully (& Cheers),
Tony

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260)