Subject: Re: [Leica] mechanical shutters
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:37:56 -0900

Doug Herr wrote
.........BTW when I worked in rural Alaska, hand-cranked mechanical adding
machines were far more reliable than electro-mechanical or electronic
ones.........
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Doug
We in Alaska have almost moved into the 'modern century'.  I no longer use a
'slip-stick'...not even a "electro-mechanical..." calculator.  I use a
computer and even exel when the mood hits me.

But your are write (right) about me and Alaska...I carry a 'previous
century' leica iiic with me most places I go....I find it fits both my
attitude...and my age.

Love your site...visit it at least once a month or so...and I know you
really enjoy your times in Alaska.

Cheers

Dave Stratton
Fairbanks, AK