Subject: Re: [Leica] 40mm
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 23:46:14 -0500

At 07:07 PM 11/8/00 -0600, Mike wrote about the 40mm:
>Me, too. I like this angle of view best of all. Some people dislike it, such
>as my friend Stephen Gandy.

Really? On his page: http://www.cameraquest.com/leicacl.htm
I read that Mr. Gandy writes:

"VERY sharp lightweight 4.5 oz 40/2 <SNIP> In my experience the 40/2 is one
of the best, and least expensive, Leica M lenses. "

>A Summicron-C can be easily modified to bring up the 35mm framelines on an M.

Cool, I'll ask Ms. K about it when I send in the M5 for a much needed CLA.

It will likely, then, remain my only actual M mount lens.
Thanks.

CL,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] 40mm)