Subject: Re: DOF (was: RE: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?)
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:42:23 -0500

I think we are saying the same thing Doug.
Wide Angle focal length lenses give us greater depth of field than their
more tele counterparts at like apertures. Regardless WHY they have greater
DOF (reduced image magnification that is inherent in shorter than normal
(wide angle) lenses or magic)..Wider focal length = greater DOF.

Michael E. Berube