Subject: [Leica] Re: Color Neg films
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:37:37 -0500

Mark,
    To answer your question....most of what I do and shoot it and ship it. I
don't often get a chance to see anything before an editor does. When I do,
it's whatever the client wants.
    The all film, either transparency or negative is eventually returned to
me. The only exception in the NY Times (daily- not Travel or the Magazine)
which will file negatives unless I ask for them to be returned.
    To be completely accurate about everything, I license usage rights, NOT
ownership of the negatives, prints or slides. I retain ownership of all
negatives or slides, unless the client is willing to pay for the privilege.
This usually means the clients wants all rights, and I try to discourage
this by charging five times the normal assignment rate. (The ASMP recommends
three times for a buy out.)
Cheers,
Sal