Subject: Re: [Leica] pixels are fotos of elves (was) some recent pictures?
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:18:24 +0100

> From: Guy Bennett
> got to say that for me at least the mix of off and on topic stuff is
> strangely compelling
- -----------
Agreed. I have never understood some folks aversion to off-topic posts.

For a Photographer with a Leica, NO topic is off-topic.  If it can be
seen it can be photographed.  If it can be photographed it can be
discussed.  If it is discussed we learn more of what we photograph.

Excluding, of course, politics, sex, religion, watches, bicycles and
such things.  Which leaves only sailing and boats as worthy photogenic
topics with any relation to the meaning of life and what its all about.

From a recent poll, there are five other luggers who agree with me.
This means that if one lugger equals one pixel then dividing 647 by 5
and multiplying by the population of China (1.2 billion) I can say
Ooops.

I have no idea where I am going with this.  So,

Regards
Alan