Subject: [Leica] Re: slide rules
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:42:25 -0700

So, Marc -- where do I start?  What's the equivalent of a Rolleiflex 3.5E in
slide rules?

Doug Cooper

Doug, a friend of mine just came out from NY on a vacation trip. The first
thing he wanted to do was show me the mint 1950's red anodized Pickett
pocket slide rule in a beautiful leather case he had found in a collectible
shop. It's really nice and reminded me of ones I once had that were bamboo
and engraved white plastic. Then there were the circular rules and the big
circular Sports Car Rallye slide rules  and Swiss Curta Calculators that I
bet more than a few Luggers remember. Like "most " Leicas, no batteries
required.

Bill Lawlor