Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina nails it
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:33:01 -0400

Contrite Opinion:

A Lot has been said about what Tina says- Even though I agree
wholeheartededly, I am sure there are some out there who are probably saying
we are deferring to Tina because she is a member of the 'tender sex' and
that  we are in a sense 'just being nice....'  BUSHWA!

I would say, go to Tina's website- I did and spent a lot more time there
than I do on most other sites. Wonderful images. Do I care if they show 200
lp/mm? Heck, No! Do I care if she chose to use a <GACK> Canon? or even an
oatmeal box with a pinhole? HECK, NO!
The bottom line is that she has the ability to connect with her subjects in
such a way that they do not feel intimidated, or put upon in anyway. She
manages to express the dignity of these people, even though they are living
in conditions most of us would find unimaginable. So, she likes Leicas- for
whatever reason, but the most important part of the whole photographic
system is the person holding the camera!

Dan (Humbled) Post

Message from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Tina nails it)