Subject: [Leica] LHSA swap meet and LHSA black paint ed.
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:25:30 EDT

<<I am behind reading my mail.  Unfortunately there seems to be a few in

attendance that are not trustworthy.  Several years ago I had a dual range

Summicron stolen at the Minneapolis-St. Paul convention.  It is very

regrettable but it has happened again.

Bill Grimwood>>

Bill,

Did you tell Bill or the current LHSA president when this happened?

When I forwarded the information about my missing pair of binoculars I was
assured that no one had ever been hit at _this_ (the LHSA) swap meet. Now I
have heard of two people who have been other than me. Could the LHSA be
unaware of this or is it just a clever denial of the facts?

Are you also still an officer of the LHSA? Perhaps a good idea in the future
would be to actually let this information reach the exhibitors so that they
can be on their guard while at the meet. While that may seem cynical it is
still better than losing a $1000 pair of binoculars or equally valuable lens
etc. etc.

I guess the upshot of all of it is that I won't take a table again at an LHSA
swap meet. Better to go out and just have fun and not risk a theft of an
expensive item! Well, anyway, I guess that is that now so I will just move on
with my life and business and try to forget this incident. It is unfortunate.

PS- Leica is certainly NOT still taking order for the LHSA camera. Believe me
for I have asked my rep. and Roger a few times and to quote Roger he said
"...sorry Rich, Leica USA is now out of the LHSA business until the next
project." I really doubt that they are telling me they have no more and then
offering them to other dealers... They are definitively sold out on these and
now we all just await delivery. Of course, many dealers (including me)
ordered a bunch more then they pre-sold to speculate that prices would be
going only up on these desirable cameras...

later,
Rich