Subject: [Leica] Need help on sending camera back Solms for repair
From: weber_leou@itri.org.tw
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:06:07 +0800

Has anybody the experience of sending camera back Solms for repair
directly?

My R8 bought used without passport and works very well. But, I found this
R8 is draining battery power. The fact is from March to October now, I have
changed 4 battery pairs for 28 rolls of 36 exposures film. That is average
of 2 months battery life time for 7 rolls/pair of CR2 battery. I do'nt
think this is normal. And I suspect this early produced R8 (sn:2416xxx)
might also have bad circuit board which will cause problems when used with
motor
driver, also. This make me nervious to acquire a motor driver!

I have emailed to Horst Braun, customer-service expert of Leica in Solms.
He kindly replyed that 'I cannot give you a statement about a repair
without seeing the camera. Please send it to ... Solms.'

Do you think I better do it as Horst's quide? Or am I doing something wrong
which cause this problem?
How long will I miss this R8? How much will I cost?
Are most of these early lots of R8 need goback for CLA or repair?

Thank you for your help!

Weber Leou
E-Mail: weber_leou@itri.org.tw