Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL X 2
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 17:05:56 -0400

Terry Sham wrote:

> I would like to buy 2 M6 TTLs for my outfit, a black and a silver, a
0.72
> and a 0.85, What combination will you choose? Why?
>
> 1. Black 0.72 & Silver 0.85
> 2. Silver 0.72 & Black 0.85

Lucien replied:

Chrome 0,58 and black 0,85.
Or the reverse.

Who need a 0,72 anymore.

Simon pitches in:

To me it would depend on why you want two bodies. If it's to have
different focal lengths, one on each body more or less permanently
attached and with the same film type in both, I don't see that it would
matter. Just buy bodies with the optimum finder for their intended
lenses and toss a coin to pick the finish. The only case where I could
see a reason to go with one over the other is if  you plan to do street
shooting more with one focal length than the other in which case
whichever that one is should probably be black.

Alternatively, you might be planning to carry color in one, and B/W in
the other. I sometimes do this and have a black M4-P as my B/W camera,
and a chrome M6 as my color which I find is a nice aide memoir. The
problem with this approach is that I believe it's best to get two bodies
as nearly identical in all functional respects as possible. That way you
pick one or the other purely baceause of the film it contains and not as
a result of a factor such as the finder magnification. In this case I'd
probably just get two 0.72 bodies as happy mediums.

My 1 cent x 2.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 TTL X 2)