Subject: [Leica] FS Friday 35mm f2 Summicron
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:27:50 -0400

35mm f2 Summicron for sale 2196110 complete with front and rear caps and
IROOA hood.
$750 with shipping included in the continental US. I'll ship outside the
continental US at cost.

This is the chrome Wetzlar model without eyes. According to Stephen
Gandy's site, this is one of the
later ones of the first edition of the Summicron 35. The glass is very
clean with no fogging that I can detect.
Optically, it's a very nice lens especially at medium apertures. I would
be happy to send
a slide taken with it to anyone seriously interested. I don't guarantee
any artistic merit to the slide, however!

Mechanically the lens very smooth in all respects with no oil on the
diaphragm. Cosmetically it's EX+ according to Shutterbug's rating
scheme. There are a couple of very minor marks on the barrel but no
dents but it is being sold as a user and priced accordingly. The IROOA
hood (which alone typically sells on ebay for $60 - $120) is also in
excellent condition, maybe better.

Please contact me off list if interested.

Simon Stevens
Alexandria, Virginia.