Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: DC Leica Day
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:02:39 -0700

Roger Beamon wrote:
><Snip>
> > I'd all but talked myself into the 35 summicron and putting the
> > $1k savings toward the new 28 asph.  But maybe buying a used
> > 35/1.4 asph is the better strategy.  Then again, _are_ there any
> > used 35/1.4 asph's?  Seems folks rarely part with this gem.
>
> You won't go wrong with either. I got the 'lux before the 'cron
> was available, but am happy as a clam with it. No argument,
> though, if you don't have the stop, you won't miss it. Look how
> many Leica photographers were totally content for many years
><Snip>
> --
> Roger
> Mailto:roger@beamon.org

Summicron seems to be what Leica is all about for me; not Lux.
When the 28 comes out and becomes part of my system I'll be using the 35mm Asph,
the 50 with detachable hood, the 90 apo asph which i just got and love. That's
four Summicrons!
But i think if you asph or apo a Summicron you just make it better.
mark rabiner
F2 and be there!
I certainly have used that F stop a lot in lower light in the past month!
But with fancy acronyms like apo and asph and Leica I use it with a whole lot
more confidence than i have before.

Message from "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org> ([Leica] RE: DC Leica Day)