Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summaron
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:11:09 +0100

>Right On!
>I had a Summaron, and listened to the 'talk' about how the Summicron was
>SOOOO MUCH BETTER! Horse Pucky! I sold it, got a Summicron, discovered that
>the Summaron that Sherry had cleaned did as well as the Summicron for the
>most part, and I actually went out and got another one...
>[snip]
>Dan ( We don't get older, we get better!) Post

let me add my voice to those singing the praises of the summaron 35.

i bought one from a lugger earlier this year, and use it on a iiif. it's a
hell of a lens that produces consistently crisp negs that enlarge
beautifully - the overall tone and sharp detail are no less than astounding
when you consider that they were produced by a 50 year old lens. add to
this the fact that the lens is extrememly compact, relatively inexpensive,
and that it's not difficult to find one in ex+ condition or better, and
you've got one unbeatable 35.

guy