Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LHSA Meeting
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:33:04 -0700

"Sal DiMarco,Jr." wrote:

> Luggers,
>     Mark's assumption is a little off base. "Another influential member of
> LHSA as well as the LUG, Photographer Sal DiMarco, also does not go for the
> TTL."
>     For the record, I have nothing against TTL and I think it's a great
> feature. In the new M6TTL, my biggest "objection" is the change in direction
> of the shutter speed dial. After thirty plus years of working one way, I do
> not want to change my shooting habits. During Photokina, Tom A. had me try
> his Rpaidwind equipment M6 Millenium camera. I immediately turned the
> shutter speed dial in the wrong direction to adjust the exposure. I don't
> want to make this "instintive" mistake  then I shooting real pictures.
>     Also, while I didn't hear the exchange between Roy Moss and Stefan
> Daniels, I seriously doubt Leica AG will re-issue an M6 with the TTL.
>      Lastly, when did I become "an influential member" of the LHSA  and the
> LUG? Yikes......
> Happy Snaps,
> Sal DiMarco, Jr.

My new thing is to shoot both Delta 400 AND Kodachrome 200 or 64.
These slide shows we saw last week in Boston are just going to make things worse.
This means I've got both bodies going.
They don't match!
One M6 is a TTL the other is not! (The new one black, the old one chrome)
Often when things our moving fast I just cant' get both arrows to light up.
I franticly turn the shutter speed dial fully round in the wrong direction till
it hits B, off, or 1000!!!!!!
By the time they both light up everyones gone home and had dinner.
Not Good!!
Especially for a guy like you Sal who makes a living with his M6 gear doing
pressure fast moving shooting.
A rarity on the LUG and LHSA. I'd say that makes you "influential."! And a
number of other things! Gets their attention and naturally commands obvious respect!
Don't let this go to your head Sal!
mark rabiner
:)
It's obvious when someone has more than a clue as to what he is talking about
and why.

But perhaps our M bodies should match up with our R's?!