Subject: Re: [Leica] Snaps
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:05:21 -0700

Ian Stanley wrote:

> <<<<<<<Ted, Mike & all,
>
>         I always thought that "snaps" was a great word!  One of my favourite
> activities is "cruising for snaps"!!<<<<<<<<

Hi Ian,
 I never  had a  problem with the term "snaps."  After all, when your mom calls
them snaps how can you argue with her? ;-) And on top of that, she thinks your
the worlds greatest photographer! Why argue. :-)

On one assignment which I was, for a change being ....paid very well...... I
used the "snaps" term in conversation with the CEO,  much to my surprise he took
offense and wanted to know why they were paying me big dollars  for "taking a
few snaps?"   So I had to explain I used it in a joking manner.

However, in the future with the guys paying the bill I never used "snaps"
again!  Best to call it "artistic endeavors!" Sounds more worldly, then they
think they're getting a special event. ;-) But in reality don't we all just do
"snaps with our Leica's?" :-)

ted