Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOMIng at the mouth
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:29:45 -0700

Dave Fisher wrote:

> [...]
Perhaps someone can clarify it to me. And apologies again for ignorantly raising
any points which may differ from the majority on the list. I'll know better next
time.<<<<<<<

Hi Dave,

I think it has something to do with the idea this is the "Leica Users Group" and
we use primarily Leica's in our work or play. :-)   Obviously if this were an
"Open to the Public" project it wouldn't matter a hoop what the camera was, only
the quality of the imagery. Which will be the main criteria even though all the
pictures were made with a Leica.

As you well know, it's always the bottom line in a project of this nature that
the photography be the best of the best, whether that be Leica or no. And
because this is an "all Leica project" the selection will be stiffer than for a
wide open collection of photographs.

It would be rather weird / ludicrous for Leica Camera AG  (if they should become
so)  involved with a project that was using every other manufacturers camera,
certainly no advertising worth in that. I trust this answers your question on
why the pictures should be taken with a Leica.

And now Dave old buddy, try not to be an overly,   >>> "amazing" and very
confused Leica-user," <<<<<  ;-)

ted