Subject: Re: [Leica] There goes that Ilford again
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:34:43 -0400

Doug-
Right you are! Goodgoshamighty! When I no longer could buy colloidion, I
was- as the French say, "ecrassee'!
What a bummer- I had to get ether, which prompted a visit from the DEA,
nitric acid and cotton to make the nitrocellulose, and chlorofrom, not to
mention the silver nitrate and glass plates just to continue!
Later, I got some stuff from the Anthony Brothers, a flexible film, but
alas, and alack, they went out of business, and then I had to switch to
Kodak... but of course, they discontinued Panatomic-X, started using staked
cartidges, and changed the formula for Tri-X so many times my head still
spins, quit making Royal Pan-XX and just about made me a little ticked off!
Fortunately, I can still get Knox Gelatin, and a hoghair brush so I can
still make my own photo paper, but this photography business is sure getting
harder and harder!
I hear Leica may even discontinue their screwmount lenses soon!
Dan( I would joust a windmill.... but they're all gone from around here,
now!) Post