Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2000 14:41:27 -0700

On Sat, 14 October 2000, Tina Manley wrote:

> Hi, Doug -
>
> With the good advice from the LUG, I ordered the 400/6.8 and 560/6.8 lenses
> from KEH.  They look great and are exactly what I was looking for.  They
> came with a shoulder stock but no grip.  Does the Leica grip have a part
> number that I can use to search for one?  I also got the extension tube for
> closer focusing.  I know these lenses are going to take lots of practice
> but they are not nearly as heavy as I had anticipated.  Thanks for your help!!
>
> Tina

Tina,

This sounds like an early model shoulder stock.  The grip is integral with the later shoulder stocks (I have early and fairly late models) and adding a grip to the shoulder stock is just not done - there ain't no parts to do it.  Talk with KEH and see if they'll swap the shoulder stocks, or I'll swap old-for-newer if you want.  Most of the models with the grip also have more adjustments.  I have 2 shoulder stocks with the grip - one shows its age shoud be ready for the torture you put 'em through.

Doug

Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.