Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2000 14:51:55 -0700

On Sat, 14 October 2000, Ted wrote:

<SNIP>
> get the micro switch and cord to
> release the camera through the motor or winder.  This is a much better shutter
> release than a long able release and manually re-cocking after each shot. As the
> motor quickly advances the film for faster moving subjects. It also  allows for
> steadier handling of the camera and lens while holding it to the eye much like a
> weapon.

I'm presently motorless :( but when I used a winder on the R4sP, the microswitch and cord were very handy and I could generally hold it a bit steadier than when using the camera shutter release.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.