Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses on screwmount cameras...
From: "Isaac Crawford" <isaacc7@home.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:39:31 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 4:35 AM

> Isaac,
> this is the sort of stuff that keeps me amused (pointlessly) for hours.
>
> At Photokina this year I stumbled across a firm that makes helical mounts
> for enlarging lens, especially Companons, the name: Schneider! You can
guess
> the price.
> Check out their macro range and see what they offer, of course you'll not
> know where it's focused until some tests are done. I use focusing screens
> which are like miniature ground glass screens from a view camera and were
> made for close up devices for Leica type cameras. Cook and Perkins,
> Periflex, Stewartry, several Japanese firms and I think Leica too, made
> these. they simply screw onto the rear of the lens and show whats in focus
> on the film plane.

Do you know of a supplier for these things? They sound like a blast!

.

> But hey! It's fun all right...

I'm going to take some test shots with my 50mm at different f/stops just to
see if anything is in focus... I'll try to get in touch with Schneider about
their focusing mounts...Thanx for the info!

Isaac

Replies: Reply from "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses on screwmount cameras...)
Message from "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses on screwmount cameras...)