Subject: RE: [Leica] Steady as she goes there, lad [y]
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:56:53 -0400

> Hi Ted
>
> Don't you find anything of interest to you on the LUG??:>)
>
> You spend a lot of effort trashing equipment,technique,and most of the
> 'artsy' threads. It must be very frustrating.

...DR. BLACKTAPE CAN'T HELP BUT OBSERVING...

...I in the several years he has been on this list he has never known Ted to
"trash" equipment or "technique." What he has noted, to his constant
delight, is Ted calling a little shovel a spade, a deflating the balloons
loosed by those who would waste their time on what is nothing more than
theoretical nonsense that has virtually nothing to do with photography.
Perhaps Ted has these tendencies because, unlike many on the list, he is a
photographer, whose life and livelihood depend upon the real-world
performance of his equipment in the field, and thus has no patience with
those who would spend their time concentrating on lines per mm which can be
achieved by first nailing a camera to a tree - which of course makes it
impossible to shoot most of the subjects Ted shoots. :-)